This app displays Google Navigation instructions on your Samsung Gear S2/S3 smartwatch.
It needs the free companion app “Gear S2/S3 Navigation” from Samsung Galaxy Apps to work.
We are going to release the companion app in the end of April 2017!
How to use:
– Install Samsung Gear and connect with your Gear S2/S3 device.
– Install this “Gear S2/S3 Navigation” app.
– Install free “Gear S2/S3 Navigation” app from Samsung Store on your Smartwatch. (Go to: Apps> Samsung Gear > Samsung Galaxy Apps).
– Start Gear S2/S3 Navigation app on your phone.
– Allow the app to read notifications. (Go to: Settings > Security > Notification Access and enable Gear S2/S3 Navigation).
– Start Google Maps Navigation and instructions will be pushed to your smartwatch.
– Ensure your Gear S2/S3 is connected to Phone and you have Samsung Gear installed.
– If the app still only shows the “ready” message, please ensure that maps notifications are activated and displayed on your phone (Go to: Settings > More > Applications > Maps and enable “Show notifications”).
– Restart smartphone AND Gear S2/S3
– Uninstall and reinstall the app